The Ph.D. Program in Management (Part-time)
Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form - April 30, 2022
|Research Aptitude Test Date (Computer Based Test) at select locations all over india||May 14, 2022|
|interviews||May 30 - June 04, 2022|
|Admission Decision at icFAi University, Jharkhand||June 06, 2022|
|Last Date for Payment of Admission Fee & Semester Fee||June 13, 2022|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of Certificates and Verification by producing originals||June 14, 2022|
|Commencement of First Semester*||June 15, 2022|
* Selected applicants will have to attend course work sessions at University Campus at Ranchi from June 14, 2022 onwards
- The Part-time Ph.D. Program in Management is designed for practicing corporate executives and faculty members who aspire to become thought leaders in the domain of management.
- The main purpose of this program is to expose the experienced executives in industry / government and faculty members from the diverse fields of management to develop the research inclination in order to gain in-depth understanding of business, management and consultancy skills to improve their ability for teaching, research and business management.
- The program complies with UGC Regulations 2016 (for minimum standards and procedure for award of Ph.D Degree) and UGC Regulations 2018 (Promotion of Academic Integrity and prevention of plagiarism in Higher Education Institutions).
- This Program is for a minimum duration of three years.
- Maximum duration of the program is six years, which may be extended, in exceptional cases, by one year.
- Women candidates and persons with disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed relaxation of two years in the maximum duration.
- Masters degree or Diploma or Professional qualification (like CA / CS / ICWA) declared equivalent to Masters degree by relevant statutory bodies in management or allied subjects (e.g. Economics, Commerce, Public Administration, Accounting, Costing, etc.) with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA
- M.Phil. Degree (in the concerned or an allied subject in which the student plans to pursue Ph.D. Program) with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA.
A minimum of 3 years service in Industry/Banking/Financial Services/ Government/ Academia etc.
- Admission to the part-time Ph.D. Program will be made on the basis of Online National Research Aptitude Test, conducted by IUJ at select locations across India, with minimum qualifying marks as 50%.
- Qualified candidates will go through personal interview, wherein the candidates are required to discuss the research interest / area.
- M.Phil. degree holders and UGC-NET qualified persons in the same or allied discipline in which Ph.D is proposed to be pursued are exempt from appearing for Research Aptitude Test.
- After provisional admission into the Ph.D. Program all students will go through an Induction Session, at the University, wherein they are acquainted with the program methodology.
- Thereafter, course materials will be provided to each candidate for independent study.
- All applicants who are provisionally admitted are required to take up course work for a period of two semesters.
- The objective of the Course Work is to acquaint, help and equip a research scholar with the current methodologies for undertaking research.
- Course Work consists of two courses, Course Work-1 and Course Work-2.
- Course Work-1 is a foundation course for research, which includes Research Methodologies and Techniques, Quantitative Methods, Computer Applications, Literature Survey, Statistical Analysis, Research Ethics, Research Report Writing, Effective Presentations etc.,
- Course Work-2 covers major functional areas of management and allied subjects, like strategy and technology management which help the scholars to pursue research in contemporary and relevant areas for industry and society, which may be inter-disciplinary.
- Coursework sessions are conducted by distinguished domain experts from industry and academia.
- All the students have to attend contact sessions for Course Work, conducted by the University, in two spells.
- Schedules for the contact sessions will be communicated to the students in advance.
- All scholars are evaluated in course work, as per the regulations of the University.
- A scholar has to obtain a minimum 55% of marks or its equivalent grade in the UGC 7-point scale in course work to be eligible to continue the program.
A candidate, after successful completion of the mandatory course work, will be allocated a Research Supervisor by the University, on the basis of research interest of the candidate, as indicated at the time of personal interview during the admission process.
- The candidate will identify a research topic and prepare the research proposal under the guidance of the supervisor.
- The same will be presented, in an open Seminar, in the presence of his/ her Supervisor and the members of Research Board, for approval.
- If the presentation is adjudged satisfactory, the candidate will be registered for Ph.D. Program.
- After approval of the research proposal and registration for Ph.D., the candidate will be required to do literature survey and formulate clearly the objective and scope of the thesis.
- Thereafter, the candidate will design the survey methodology and take up collection of the needed primary data/ take up the survey.
- The candidate should submit at the end of every semester, a report on the "Progress of research" and also present the same in a Seminar
- The University gives feedback on the progress in the form of a Progress Card.
- This seminar is to be presented by the candidate, whose Ph.D. thesis is nearly ready for submission.
- The candidate is required to present the gist of the Ph.D. Thesis work in the prescribed format using Power Point. In addition, the student is required to bring with him/her the primary data collected / survey reports or any other exhibits, considered important.
- Any feedback, comment or suggestion considered suitable by the Research board should be incorporated in the final manuscript of the Thesis.
Every student should publish at least two research papers related to his / her research topic, in refereed journal and make at least two paper presentations in conferences / seminars before submission of the thesis and produce evidence of the same in the form of acceptance letter or the reprint which is to be appended to the thesis.
- Prior to submission of thesis, the scholar is required to make a presentation of draft thesis to Research Advisory Committee, External Domain Experts, Faculty Members and Research Scholars.
- Feedback and comments obtained therein may suitably be incorporated in the thesis.
- On submission of the final thesis in the prescribed format after checking for plagiarism, it will be evaluated by a panel of examiners consisting of Research Supervisor and two external examiners outside the State of Jharkhand.
- If the panel is satisfied with the thesis, open Viva Voce examination will be conducted by Research Supervisor and at least one external examiner and the student's Defense is evaluated accordingly.
Prescribed fee is payable upto the semester in which the scholar is declared eligible for award of Ph.D degree.
Students who have completed the program successfully will be awarded the Ph.D. degree in Management from the University, subject to University regulations.
The admission modalities are with reference to the Ph.D. Program in Management (Part-time) offered by the ICFAI University, Jharkhand.
The selection of applicants into the Ph.D. Program is made through Application, Research Aptitude Test and Personal Interview.
Applicants can obtain Application Form in any of the following ways:
- Purchase from the Admissions Office on payment of Rs. 1,000
- Download from the University website (www.iujharkhand.edu.in) and fill it in your own handwriting
- Fill the application form online (www.iujharkhand.edu.in/online_registration.html) by making online payment of Rs. 1,000.
Research Aptitude Test will be conducted on May 14, 2022 on CBT (Computer Based Test) format at select locations all over India (which will be given on the website). Applicants holding, M.Phil. Degree or qualified in UGC-NET in the same or allied discipline, in which Ph.D. is proposed to be pursued, will be exempted from appearing for the Research Aptitude Test.
Research Aptitude Test will be for 2 hours and will test the knowledge of the applicant in broad areas of management and research methodology.
- The applicants who qualify in the Research Aptitude Test will have to go through a personal interview at the University, wherein the students' motivation to pursue the program and the broad areas in which the student would like to pursue research will be discussed.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process.
- Original Certificates of academic qualifications and domicile certificates should be produced for verification at the time of registration.
- The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The applicants also have to submit "No Objection Certificate" from the current employer (in the prescribed format) at the time of registration.
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form (in case it is not filled online).
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Enclose a Bank Demand Draft for Rs. 1,000 drawn on a Scheduled Commercial Bank in favour of "The ICFAI University, Jharkhand - Fee Collection A/c" in case the application was downloaded from the University website OR receipt for Rs. 1,000 in case it was purchased from the University OR NEFT payment receipt for Rs. 1,000 (details for remittance are given on page 4).
Attested Copies of Certificates
Students have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate/Class X Certificate.
- Marksheets / Degree certificates (as may be applicable).
- Experience Certificate.
Submission of Application Form
The completed Application Form for Admission along with a DD / NEFT payment receipt / Receipt for Rs. 1,000 (as the case may be) should be submitted at:
The ICFAI University, Jharkhand,
#2065, Daladali Chowk, Simalia,
Near Ring Road, Ranchi - 835 222, Jharkhand.
Ph: 8709445599, 072570-04501 to 504
#315/B, First Floor, Road No. 3, Ashok Nagar,
Ranchi - 834 002, Jharkhand,
Cell: 9714954099 & 8709445599.
Admission fee of Rs. 10,000 is to be paid by all the selected applicants immediately after the admission decision is announced but not later than June 13, 2022.
The program fee is Rs. 42,000 per semester for students domiciled in Jharkhand and Rs. 47,500 persemesterfor nondomiciled students. Studentsshould registerfor every semester and pay the fee atthe beginning ofthe semester, as per the due dates, which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The first semester fee is to be paid by June 13, 2022.
Students, desiring to avail Domicile Fee Concession have to submit “Domicile Certificate” issued by the competent authority by June 13, 2022. Otherwise, Non-domicile fee will be applicable.
Fee payments can be made in any of the following modes:
- By way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on a Scheduled Commercial Bank in favor of “The ICFAI University, Jharkhand - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- Payment can also be made at the University campus by way of Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Remittance can also be made through NEFT, as per the following details of the University Bank Account.
|Bank Account Name||The ICFAI University, Jharkhand - Fee Collection A/c|
|Type of Account||Current Account|
|Bank Name||HDFC Bank|
The following details should be provided to the University by the students on remittance of fee through NEFT:
|Student Details||Remittance Details|
|Name of the student||Name of the Bank|
|Application No. / Enrollment No.||IFSC Code:|
|Program / Batch:||UTR No.|
|Fee details||Bank Acknowledgement of NEFT Form|
Fee payment by cash is not accepted.
Any requests for withdrawals, refunds will be processed as per prevailing UGC notification / guidelines, with regard to Refund of fees and non-retention of Original Certificates.